Body Scrubs are always a must have in your beauty routines to exfoliate away all that grime and dead skin cells from your skin.
Though you can make them at home by yourself, time is often a constraint so to buy something off the shelf is everyone’s favorite option.
Here is my curated list of the best body scrubs in various price ranges to pamper your skin and keep it healthy and glowing all year round.
- Related: Hydrating Body Lotions For Oily Skin
- Related: Which Is Best Tan Removal Cream For Women
- Related: Body Butters For Healthy And Glowing Skin
How I tested these body scrubs?
I used these body scrubs myself and then rated these scrubs on a scale of 1-5, based on several factors. These factors include:
- Exfoliating Power – I firstly checked if the scrub help remove dead skin cells and how thorough these are.
- Moisturizing Power – The scrub should also help moisturize skin and the exfoliating action can remove natural oils from the skin
- Gentleness – The ingredients should be gentle on all skin types including sensitive skin and inflamed skin, etc.
- Price – These scrubs should be affordable as you have to use it several times to get skin looking good
Best Body Scrubs 2022
1. Origins Warm Down Warming Lava Scrub
This is one of the best scrubs that I have ever used. It really works! My skin feels so smooth after using it and it leaves a nice fragrance behind.
It’s not too harsh on your skin either, which makes you feel relaxed after you use it.
This scrub is also very affordable, costing only $35 for this huge tub!I
f you ever crave for a hot stone massage after a tiring day at work, then this is the scrub for you.
I like that it’s endowed with volcanic ash particles and Epsom salts, this scrub heats up once you start rubbing onto your skin.
The special formula helps to calm my sore muscles and relax them while scrubbing away all that dead skin.
I also love the blend of essential oils of mint and vanilla, that leave a soothing fragrance.
- The volcanic ash helps remove dead skin cells and scabs thoroughly
- The epsom salts helps improve blood circulation
- Won’t suit dry skin as it contains very little moisturizers
- The fragrance might inflame very sensitive skin
- Exfoliating Power – 4.5/5
- Moisturizing Power – 3.5.5
- Gentleness – 4/5
- Price – 4.5/5
2. Clarins Smoothing Body Scrub
I have used this scrub before and loved it. It is a great product that has all the benefits of a scrub but also leaves your skin soft and supple. I like to use it in the morning after showering because my skin feels so clean!
For those who love a good scrub but have sensitive skin, Clarins Smoothing body scrub is for you!
I liked that while it is packed with bamboo powder to gently exfoliate the skin, it also has a combination of Shea butter, moringa and mimosa extracts that nourish skin.
So while it scrubs away all the dead skin layer on my body with ease, it leaves my skin soft and supple minus the inflammation.
I’m also a fan of the price (it comes at $38) as it’s totally worth it! Also, it comes conveniently packaged in a tube that makes it difficult for you to waste it.
- The shea butter helps moisturize skin
- Moringa extracts helps control inflammation on skin
- Contains bamboo powder that is very gentle at exfoliating skin
- A bit expensive
- Exfoliating Power – 4.5/5
- Moisturizing Power – 4.5.5
- Gentleness – 4.5/5
- Price – 3/5
3. Aesop Geranium Leaf Body Scrub
I absolutely love this scrub. It has a lovely fragrance and is very effective at removing dead skin and scabs.
I have used many different scrubs in the past but none of them were as effective as this one, which helped me to feel soft and supple after using it.
The pumice helps to exfoliate your skin by scraping off all dead cells on your body while leaving you feeling clean without any irritation or dryness afterwards.
It has a drawback though! While the pumice is a known exfoliator, it can be harsh on sensitive skin types.
However I do like that the geranium extracts and essential oils soothe the skin and suppress any inflammation.
It also leaves a lovely fragrance after my shower. I do feel it’s a bit highly priced at $35,this geranium scrub. But if you want a really powerful scrub and do not have sensitive skin, go for it!
- Contains bamboo granules that gently exfoliate skin
- Geranium extracts help control inflammation
- Pumice stones granules help remove scabs, dead skin and toughened skin flakes
- A bit harsh on sensitive skin types
- Exfoliating Power – 4.5/5
- Moisturizing Power – 3.5.5
- Gentleness – 3.5/5
- Price – 4/5
4. The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub
Make your shower sessions more luxurious and pamper your skin with this amazing Body Shop Shea Body Scrub. This sugar based scrub contains organic sugar and salt granules that gently scrub away the dead skin, while the shea butter nourishes and hydrates the skin after every use. Like all other Body Shop products, this one too is not tested on animals and has a delicious, refreshing smell. This scrub is priced at $29 and is a valuable addition to your beauty routine.
5. Giovanni Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub
Chocolate can instantly lift your spirits any time of the day but how about having a relaxing shower with a chocolate scrub? With Giovanni Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub, exfoliation becomes a relaxing and fun ritual with the warming scrub providing relief to your tired muscles while the walnut and macadamia nut powder extracts slog away at your skin and the divine smell of chocolate calms your nerves. The added bonus is it is priced at just $13, which is a great price to pay for its quality. So hurry up and grab that tub of chocolatey scrub!
6. Arbonne Awaken Sea Salt Scrub
Indulge in some summer freshness with this sea salt scrub packed with several essential oils like lemon, orange, lemon grass and avocado oil, among others. While we all know sea salt is a popular exfoliant, it can be abrasive at times, turning your skin dry, but the essential oils blend in this product compensates for it. The oils nourish your skin and soothe it to reveal a great looking skin! The product is priced at $34.
7. Oleavine Thera Tree
Oleavine Thera Tree body scrub is a multi-purpose scrub that not only exfoliates and moisturises your skin but also works for common skin ailments likes rashes, callouses, skin odor etc. Pumice granules and willow bark extracts provide exfoliation, while the activated charcoal detoxes the skin, removing any remnants of pollution and dust. Tea tree and other essential oils provide nourishment while acting against common bacteria and fungi.The menthol oil leaves you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated after every use.Priced at $24, it is a must have in your beauty bag!
8. Susanne Kaufman Detox Oil Scrub
If you ever feel like splurging on a body scrub to pamper your precious body, then this would be it. Priced at $172, this scrub is a luxury addition from the Susanne Kaufman line that offers great quality ingredients. Bamboo extract, poppy seed granules and buckwheat flour gently exfoliate your skin while the high grade sesame seed oil, sunflower oil keep it moisturised and healthy. Also, the apricot kernel extracts maintain the neutral ph of your skin. This scrub, made from organic plant based products is a great choice for those occasional indulgences.
9. Soap And Glory Flake Away
Soap and Glory Flake Away body scrub, priced modestly at $19, scores great with the price points as well as in the quality it delivers. Its a classic sea salt and sugar scrub with the addition of peach seed powder, all of which act as wonderful exfoliants. The Shea butter and sweet almond oil moisturise the skin amply without leaving it oily, keeping it soft and supple. The delicate, floral fragrance enhances your experience further more.
10. Malin+Goetz Peppermint Body Scrub
Dry skin tends to appear dull and rough, and all it takes to smoothen it out and add some glow is a good scrub! Malin+Goetz peppermint scrub does this job effectively, leaving your skin clear and smooth while lifting your senses with an amazing peppermint fragrance that soothes your tired nerves. Packed with bamboo extracts and pumice powder, exfoliation is easy to add to your daily routine with this gem of a scrub, priced at $32.
Final Thoughts on the Body Scrubs and Exfoliators
The ingredients of a good body scrub are as important as the scrubbers themselves. So, before settling for a product, make sure that it is made with natural ingredients and free from harmful chemicals.
To sum up, I have reviewed some of the best scrubs in the market to ensure you get the right one for your skin type and needs.
When you find the right one make sure to use it at least bi-weekly to ensure glowing, healthy skin!
- Easy DIY Hand Scrubs To Get Rid Of Dry Peeling Skin
- Homemade Lip Scrubs For Supple And Soft Lips
- Amazing Salt Scrubs That You Should Try
- Homemade Scrubs For Unwanted Facial Hair
- Best Homemade Scrubs For Oily Skin
Hey there! I’m the Chief Editor of WomensOK. My aim with WomensOK is to make sure that any women in this world, regardless of their body type or color, is able to find solutions about health and wellness that’s best suited for them.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.