Want to learn how to wear leather pants? Check out my guide below for stylish ways to wear leather pants. I’ve listed out some outfit ideas and tops you can wear with leather pants this season.
Leather pants have been one of the trendiest clothing items, since decades. This timeless piece of clothing has become a true favorite of several fashion-savvy women from all walks of life.
There are numerous awesome ways in which you can style a pair of leather pants with a wide variety of clothing items.
Whether you wish to look like a rockstar, biker chick or just an extremely stylish fashionista. Donning leather pants with any other clothing item is a sure-shot way of taking your fashion game to a completely new level.
Also, leather pants are available in different sizes and patterns. Either go for shiny or matte leather pants, the choice is all yours to make.
Other than being versatile and stylish, leather pants are trendy and look exceptionally cool too. We have zeroed in on a list of 10 trendy ways to look great in leather pants. Try these ways to add a touch of glamour to your daily look.
- Related: What To Wear With Leather Leggings
- Related: What To Wear With Wide Leg Trousers
- Related: How To Style Culotte Pants
Ways To Wear Leather Pants 2022
1. Loose Fit Sweater With Leather Pants
Pairing a loose fitting sweater with leather pants has been an age-old fashion trend. A true favorite look of off-duty super models, celebrities and fashion experts, this classic look has stood the test of time.
Moreover, this outfit can be worn to a number of places, from work place to a date night, this effortlessly trendy look will ensure your fashion game stays on point.
2. Printed Shirt With Leather Pants
This super cute combination is all the rage these days. That is mainly, because it is a perfect mixture of casual and stylish. In addition, you can go for statement accessories along with this outfit like a choker to add a touch of glamour to your look. To finish this super great look, you can opt for ankle-length boots or colorful pumps.
3. Plain White T-Shirt With Leather Pants
Few clothing combinations, like that of a plain white t-shirt and leather pants, look great in any season. This fantastic outfit can take your entire fashion game up a notch.
Other than looking stylish, this exceptionally look outfit can make you appear unforgettable. Also, this outfit is elegant and subtle. Give it a try and be assured that it is bound to become your go-to outfit.
4. Off Shoulder Crop Top With Leather Pants
Donning a crop top with leather pants is, undeniably, one of the most popular way of styling a pair of leather pants. This ultra trendy look is always in fashion. From the high profile celebrities to the models walking the ramp, most fashion-savvy women have fallen in love with this outfit as it’s super easy to style.
5. Leather Jacket With Leather Pants
The super classy leather on leather is the most effortlessly stylish look worth trying. Sport a leather jacket with a pair of leather pants to look like an absolute fashionista. Whether you are going for a biking trip or to the nearby pub, this look can effortlessly take you places and also make sure that your style game stays on point.
6. Turtleneck Sweater With Leather Pants
Turtleneck sweaters are all the rage these days, especially, when they are styled with a pair of glossy leather pants. This particular way of styling leather pants has been a true favorite of countless stylish women all over the world.
7. Button-Down Shirt With Leather Pants
You’d be surprised, how stylish the combination, of a sheer button-down shirt with leather pants, can look. Stock up on a few statement accessories to pull the whole look together.
Also, to enhance the look of your outfit, you can don a pair of high-heels. Button-down short and heels tend to look exceptionally stylish with leather pants.
8. Peplum Top With Leather Pants
Put together a pretty and bright colored peplum top with a pair of leather pants to look enviable at any occasion. This beloved way of styling a pair of leather pants has been a true favorite of women all across the globe.
Be it an office party or just a casual night out with best friends, this outfit will keep you comfortable and make you look super trendy.
9. Tank Top And Long Overcoat With Leather Pants
This particular way of styling leather pants is a no-brainer. This effortless and uber trendy combination looks exceptionally cool and dapper. Go for a bright colored tank top and a long overcoat along with the leather pants to look fabulously trendy. To finish this particular look, you can style trendy accessories to make a bold fashion statement.
10. Bomber Jacket With Leather Pants
The bomber jacket is one of the trendiest clothing items of the season and it tends to look the best when styled with a pair of super dapper leather pants. Equal parts casual and chic, this combination is making waves in the fashion industry.
To enhance the look of this outfit, you can choose the bomber jacket in a bright color that stands out as show above.
I Bought A Pair of Leather Pants, What Tops Do I Wear?
When it comes to wearing pants with a leather jacket, there are a few things to keep in mind. First and foremost, make sure the tops you choose are weather-proof – leather pants can get pretty heavy rain or snowfall!
Second, consider what kind of style you want to project. Do you want something more casual and low-key, or do you want something more dressy and formal?
Finally, think about color – black is always a classic option for top wear with any type of clothing, but other colors would also look great.
Now that you know how to pick a top to wear, let me tell you some of my favorite tops that I usually style with leather pants:
- Oversized Sweaters – These are my winter staple. I love my hoodies and sweaters in winter as they go amazingly well with sweaters and at the same time, keep you warm and cosy too.
- Crop Tops – These are a great option for when you want your leather pants to be the focal point of your outfit. And if you’re in a hurry to go somewhere.
- Corset Tops – These are for my “I’m in the mood for partying” wardrobe. A well-fitting corset and lace top look really sexy with leather pants.
Here is Hollywood darling Dakota Johnson in a corset top and leather pants at a film premiere.
How Do I Style My Leather Pants? Here Are My Tips!
Leather trousers can be a great addition to any woman’s wardrobe, but they can be tricky to style. Here are a few tips that will help you wear them confidently and look your best:
- Wear high heels with leather pants for an elevated look.
- Go for neutrals when dressing in leather pants. Stick to shades of black, brown, or gray so the color doesn’t dominate your outfit.
- Don’t forget accessories! A good pair of earrings or a necklace will add polish to your ensemble, and help set off the color of your pants perfectly.
Summary on Styling Your Leather Pants!
Leather trousers can be a versatile and stylish piece of clothing. However, they need to be styled in order to look their best. Here are a few tips for styling leather pants for women:
- Choose the right shade of leatherette. Too light a color will make your legs look too thin and frail, while too dark a color will make them hard to see. Try opting for shades between tan and brown instead.
- Apply appropriate makeup tones to your skin tone to match the leatherette perfectly. Avoid using brightly colored foundations or blushes, as these will clash with the natural flavor of the leather and make you look unnatural. Instead, opt for neutrals like matte foundation or subtle highlight cheekbones (as opposed to full on face makeup).
- Take care when choosing accessories such as earrings and necklaces that may contrast against the leatherette jacket. Stick with minimalist pieces that won’t take away from the elegance of your outfit choice
Hey there! I’m the CEO and Chief Editor of WomensOK. My aim with WomensOK is to make sure that any women in this world, regardless of their body type or color, is able to find solutions about health and wellness that’s best suited for them.