Here are DIY Fruit face packs and masks are ideal for moisturizing and nourishing the dry skin. The natural juice and oil of fruits help in hydrating the dry skin.
Packed with skin friendly nutrients they help in refreshing the skin while the antioxidant compounds present in the fruits help in slowing down skin aging.
Furthermore, fruit based face packs and masks help in soothing the dry skin and assists in providing relief from irritation that occurs when your skin becomes excessively dry.
In this article, WomensOk will tell you what are the DIY fruit face packs for dry skin so you can pick the right one for softer skin.
- Related: Amazing Corn flour face packs
- Related: Cooling Face Packs for damaged skin
- Related: Homemade face packs for sensitive skin
Hydrating DIY Fruit Face Packs For Dry Skin
Banana Face Pack
The creamy texture of banana helps in moisturizing the dry skin. Moreover, it is rich in antioxidants that help in reducing free radicals induced damage to the skin cells, which helps in delaying aging of the skin.
How to make banana face pack?
- Mashed ripe Bananas
- Olive oil
To prepare the banana face pack:
- Step 1: Mash a ripe banana
- Step 2: Mix it with equal amount of olive oil. Blend the ingredients thoroughly.
- Step 3: Spread the paste on your face
- Step 4: Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Step 5: Wash off the banana mixture with lukewarm water.
Avocado Face Pack
Avocado is rich in natural oil that helps in moisturizing the dry skin. Avacado also helps with skin elasticity.
Avacado is also known to keep breakouts at bay so if you have oily and acne prone skin then this a great face pack you can try!
How to make the avocado face pack?
- 1/4 avocado
- Egg yolk
- 2 tbsp honey
- Step 1: Take a quarter of an avocado and mash the pulp.
- Step 2: Mix the mashed avocado with a beaten egg yolk and two tablespoons of honey.
- Step 3: Evenly spread the mixture on your face.
- Step 4: Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Step 5: Rinse with warm water.
Orange Face Pack
The orange face pack for dry skin helps in reducing blemishes and improving the skin tone.
Orange is also a natural toner. It can help lighten skin. Other than this, orange can help dry up the pimples and promote blemish free skin.
How to make orange face pack?
- 2 tsps of fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- Few drops of almond oil
- Step 1: Mix two teaspoons of fresh orange juice with ½ teaspoon lemon juice, the yolk of an egg and few drops of almond oil.
- Step 2: Mix the ingredients well and apply the mixture on your face.
- Step 3: Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Papaya Face Pack
Papain and chymopapain in papaya can help decrease inflammation. Papaya can also help reduce acne and remove dead skin cells.
Papaya can also help get rid of keratin build up in our skin that result in small bumps.
How to make papaya face mask?
- 1/2 cup chopped papaya
- 2 tbsps plain yogurt
- 4 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp liquid lecithin
To get rid of the dry flaky skin, make a papaya facial mask by:
- Step 1: Blending ½-cup of chopped papaya, two tablespoons plain yogurt, 4 tablespoons applesauce and a teaspoon of liquid lecithin.
- Step 2: Apply the paste on your face and leave it on at least for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Wipe off the face mask with a damp washcloth.
Strawberry Face Pack
Strawberry is rich in vitamins C and antioxidants that help in rejuvenating the skin. Strawberry is good for acne treatment since it is vitamin C. It also helps in hyper pigmentation and dark spots.
Strawberry face pack can also brighten skin and keep the sebum in control.
How to prepare strawberry face pack?
- Juice from 3 strawberries
- Juice from 3 plums
- Juice from a piece of beetroot
- some sandalwood
- Step 1: Extract the juice from three strawberries, three plums and a piece of beetroot
- Step 2: Mix the juices with some sandalwood to make a paste
- Step 3: Apply the paste on your face and neck
- Step 4: Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash off with warm water
What is the best fruit face pack for hydrating oily skin at home?
One of the best fruit face packs for hydrating oily skin at home is avocado. Avocados are high in healthy fats and nutrients that can help to moisturize and nourish the skin.
They also have astringent properties, so they can break down oil and remove excess build-up from the skin. Just apply a layer of avocado on your face before going to bed, massage it in well, and let it sit overnight for optimal results.
You might be tempted to reach for your foundation when you start feeling oily, but that would be a mistake. Instead, try using a fruit face pack to hydrate your skin and fight the signs of oiliness. A good option is storing fresh fruits in ice cubes and using them as a natural mask or moisturizer.
When applied consistently over time, this face pack will help improve the appearance of oiliness and dehydration while delivering essential vitamins and minerals to your skin.
Another great way to use up leftover fruit is in detoxifying masks or firming scrubs. Add some chopped fruits (or vegetable scraps) into an herbal scrub agent like mango pulps, acai pulp powder, banana peels etc., together with honey or olive oil for extra moisture retention benefits.
Alternatively add ground spices such as turmeric root powder ginger juice etc., for an invigorating spa-like experience at home!
Hey there! I’m the Chief Editor of WomensOK. My aim with WomensOK is to make sure that any women in this world, regardless of their body type or color, is able to find solutions about health and wellness that’s best suited for them.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.