I used henna on my hair and it completely changed my hair. Here are 5 ways to use henna for complete hair transformation.
Against all beliefs, henna is much more than just a natural colouring agent. It has amazing hair boosting qualities to offer, when used smartly.
In case, if you want to explore henna’s goodness without adding colour to your tresses, you always have the option to go with colourless henna.
- Related: How to use potato juice for hair growth
- Related: How to use Acacia concinna for hair growth?
Henna does not just improves hair texture and reduces split ends and hair tangling, it can actually exfoliate the scalp against dandruff, build up, sebum, acne and inflammation.
So, if you shelling out surplus money on expensive products, but are still getting substandard results, it is time to pamper your hair with henna.
You can benefit from the 5 amazing ways we have listed below, by which henna will help you in flaunting damage free glossy hair to the world with utmost confidence.
Ways To Use Henna For Hair Transformation
Henna And Epsom Salt Scalp Treatment
Epsom salt exfoliates the build up and opens the clogged traumatised scalp pores. This gives henna a better chance to absorb impurities like dirt, flakes, sweat, bacteria and extra oil deeply. The resulting hair are dandruff free.
How to use henna and epsom salt scalp treatment?
- Step 1: Crush epson salt to get fine granule powder
- Step 2: Mix 1 tbsp epson salt with 1 tbsp henna
- Step 3: Apply on wet hair and keep massaging your scalp for 15 minutes
- Step 4: Wash with mild daily shampoo
Tip: If you have sensitive scalp then you use it on alternate days. If you have a normal scalp, you can use this everyday
Henna And Raw Milk Hair Mask
Raw milk cream increases the moisture quotient by deeply conditioning dry hair roots and scalp. Henna offers coolness that calms down inflammation and itching caused due to dryness. Overall, the pack makes hair strands stronger that reduces split ends by reducing hair breakage.
How to make the henna and raw milk hair mask?
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon henna with 1 tablespoon raw milk cream
- Step 2: Grind the mixture to form thick anti-inflammatory moisturizing hair mask for sensitive scalp and fragile hair
- Step 3: Refrigerate it for 2 hours before using
- Step 4: Wash properly while massaging till the residue is completely removed
Use twice every week.
Henna, Almond Oil And Lemon Hair Pack
Warm almond oil enriches the scalp with Vitamin E, a hair softening antioxidant. Lemon exfoliates the scalp and removes dandruff by making the pH normal. And henna, rich in scalp enriching minerals, controls oil formation. This reduces acne bumps as well as pain and inflammation caused due to acne.
How to make henna, almond oil and lemon hair pack?
- Step 1: Add 1/2 teaspoon warm almond oil to 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and 2 teaspoons henna to form an anti-acne hair mask.
- Step 2: Mix the ingredients well to avoid lumping.
- Step 3: You can add rose water to get semi liquid consistency.
- Step 4: Apply on clean and wet scalp from roots to tips.
- Step 5: Leave it as it is for 30 minutes before washing it with tap water.
Use twice a week
Henna, Rosewater And Chamomile Tea Hair Serum
Henna adds a splash of coolness to the scalp and increases blood circulation. It promotes the formation of new hair follicles that adds volume to thin hair and makes them bouncy.
Rose water ensures the pH of the scalp stays undisturbed throughout, so that hair remain hydrated. Chamomile tea removes dirt, free radicals and split ends from the hair strands that makes hair glossy.
How to make DIY hair serum with henna rosewater and chamomile tea?
- Step 1: Add 3 teaspoons hot chamomile tea and 2 teaspoons rose water with 1 teaspoon henna to form a hair serum for lustrous hair that are bouncy.
- Step 2: You can add more chamomile tea to get thin consistency.
- Step 3: Apply on wet hair and scalp while the serum is still hot.
- Step 4: Let it rest for 30 minutes and wash with tap water.
Use every alternate day
Henna, Curd And Mint Oil Hair Tonic
Henna reduces scalp irritation and moisturises it so that it doesn’t go completely dry. Mint oil, combined with henna, hydrates hair that make them manageable by reducing frizz. Curd removes dirt, freckles and extra oil from the scalp.
How to make DIY hair tonic with henna, curd and mint oil?
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon curd with 1 teaspoon henna and half teaspoon mint oil to form a runny hair tonic for reducing frizz and hair fall.
- Step 2: Cover your hair from roots to tips with this henna based hair tonic for 30 minutes before washing it with cold water.
Use thrice a week
The above listed 5 ways to use henna are your best bet to get healthy hair that look different, feel soft and become bouncy and thick.
Hey there! I’m the CEO and Chief Editor of WomensOK. My aim with WomensOK is to make sure that any women in this world, regardless of their body type or color, is able to find solutions about health and wellness that’s best suited for them.