Want to lose weight quickly but in a healthy way? HIIT exercises help burn fat fast, thanks to the intense workout! So we curated a list of HIIT exercises to lose weight fast. Check it out!
HIIT exercises or high intensity interval training exercises are ideal for women. It is basically the concept of using short bursts of high intensity training or exercises that are then followed with smaller sessions of rest or toning up.
- Related: I Tried These 8 Exercises To Lose Weight For Women
- Related: 5 Amazing Yoga Poses For Weight Loss
- Related: How I Shed Water Weight Quickly! | 10 EASY Things I Did To Lose Water Weight
These are usually of short durations usually ranging from 20 to 30 minutes. But they really work for women because it aids in toning your body, weight loss and keeps your metabolism running.
It is more intense and gives a similar calorie loss like a 1 hour walk or aerobics class.
All exercises are for 1 minute with a 15 second rest period in between. Make sure you warm up before commencing.
Which HIIT Workout Is Best For Women?
Footballer Run HIIT Exercises
The footballer run HIIT exercise is a high intensity exercise. It’ll get your hear rate up pretty quickly. This is a great exercise for your lower body. This exercises recruits your hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes, hip flexors, and calves and improves stamina, endurance and coordination.
Here’s the step by step instruction to do the footballer run HIIT exercise:
- Step 1: Stand in a static position with feet shoulder width apart.
- Step 2: Now bend slightly from the knees and hold your palms together.
- Step : Now just lift your heels slightly off the floor and start spot jogging.
Remember your heels lift off the floor, not your toes and as you are bent down in squat. This gives you a complete lower body workout for a minute. Stop and rest for 30 seconds.
Leg raises are a great exercise to improve the flexibility and strength of your lower back and hips. In the age of work from home, leg raises are a great workout for you, especially, if you spend most of your day sitting in front of a desk.
Now that your metabolism is high, go down again on the floor and rest on your back.
How to do leg raises?
- Step 1: Raise both legs together, with hands kept firmly under the buttocks.
- Step 2: Inhale as you take the legs up and exhale when you come down.
- Step 3: Do this for a minute and take a 10-15 second gap.
Skater jumps is the perfect cardio exercise. It works your glutes and hip joint adductors. Other than that, skater jumps also improve your leg power as it involves you shifting your entire body weight side to side as you jump.
How to do skater jumps?
- Step 1: Now, stand with legs apart and bring your left leg up and with a dynamic jump, bend towards the right and take your left leg right behind the right one
- Step 2: Go as low you as you can while doing the move. Swing both hands in opposite directions
- Step 3: Repeat on the other side and keep doing this as fast as you can. Take a 10-15 second break
Bridge Pose With Leg Raise
How to do bridge pose with leg raise?
- Step 1: Get back on the floor and then bring your heels slightly closer to your butts.
- Step 2: Keep both hands under the hips and raise your right leg first. It should be straight up in the air.
- Step 3: Now lift your butts off completely and get down with leg still in the air.
- Step 4: Do this 15-20 times and then repeat on the other side with left leg extended.
Now is the time to push your self really hard.
How to do mountain climbers?
- Step 1: Get on to the basic plank
- Step 2: Get up from the stomach and support your weight on palms and toes. Your back and legs should be straight.
- Step 3: Now bring right leg in and take it out. Do the same with left leg.
- Step 4: Now go as fast as you can for an entire minute.
- Step 5: Take a 10-15 second break
Lunges help tone your body and build strength and also increase muscle mass. Lunges work your core, legs, and butt. This exercise also improves your range of motion and posture.
Lunges work out the back, glutes, quads, calves, hamstrings, and abs
How to properly do lunges?
- Step 1: Stand up and keep both your hands on the waist
- Step 2: Now bend by bringing your right leg first and bend as low as you can on both legs. Make sure your knees don’t cross over.
- Step 3: Do this with the left leg too.
- Step 4: Keep repeating this for an entire minute. Take a 10-15 second break.
Single Leg Hops
This is a fun exercise to get your heart rate up again.
- Step 1: You have to stand on right leg first with the left leg slightly bent and now hop from side to side. This should be done for about 30 seconds.
- Step 2: Now change your legs and do this on the left side and hop from side to side. Take a 10-15 second break.
Transition Ab Hold Into Table Top
This exercise works your abs, shoulders and biceps.
- Step 1: Sit on your butt with both legs extended in front of you and palms resting on the floor.
- Step 2: Using your hands as support, with legs intact, raise your knees and lift your butt off the floor.
- Step 3: Get back to position one again. Keep repeating this for a minute and then break for 10 seconds
Side Twist Jumps
How to do side twist jumps?
- Step 1: Stand with both legs together.
- Step 2: Raise both your hands, and keep right palm close to chest and the left hand extended.
- Step 3: Now twist to the right side when jumping, change hands and twist to the left when jumping. Do this as fast as you can twisting on both sides.
Side Lunge Leg Raises
How to do side lunge leg raises?
- Step 1: Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Step 2: Now shift all your weight to your right leg and bending your left knee going into a side lunge. Make sure that your right leg is straight (diagonal)
- Step 3: Come back to position one and lift your right leg up sideways
- Step 4: Repeat on the other side after a few reps. Take a break for 10 seconds.
- Step 1: For this jump, you have to keep both hands on the side and feet together.
- Step 2: Now take a deep jump and go as high as you can, when doing so extend both hands outwards and both legs outwards too.
- Step 3: Repeat a few reps
How to do reverse crunch?
- Step 1: Lie down on the floor, bring heels close to butt and then lift them off the floor.
- Step 2: Place both hands behind your head. Now raise your butt off the floor as your head comes forward into a crunch. Do for a minute.
And you are done. Do remember to cool down and stretch!
- 5 Effective Exercises To Reduce Arms
- 5 Awesome Back Exercises For Women
- How To Get V Cut In Lower Abs? | 7 Simple Core Exercises To Get V Cut In Lower Abs
Hey there! I’m the CEO and Chief Editor of WomensOK. My aim with WomensOK is to make sure that any women in this world, regardless of their body type or color, is able to find solutions about health and wellness that’s best suited for them.