Has this question, “Is Tresemme Good For Black Hair” ever crossed your mind? Let me get rid of all your confusion here as I tell you all about Tresemme. Read further to know more about it.
After all that your hair goes through, it’s really important to take good care of it to avoid any damage. Hairfall, dandruff, damage and other problems have become a growing issue and nobody really wants that to happen to them.
While there are so many different types of hair texture, 4c or “Black hair” is quite a common one. As someone with black hair myself, I’ve been very selective about the products that I use to maintain the best quality.
Related: Why Is Pantene The Worst Shampoo?
Tresemme undoubtedly is one such brand that takes care of your black hair seamlessly. The brand’s shampoo and conditioner are my personal favourite products of all times as it has improved my hair a lot.
I’m super happy with the results so here I wish to break the secret to my lustrous and healthy black hair care routine to you. Read through till the end to find out if Tresemme products will be good for your black hair or not.
Is Tresemme Good for Black Hair?
Who is Tresemme?
Tresemme was first manufactured in Manhatten in 1947 by Godefroy Manufacturing Company. This American hair care and styling products brand is currently owned by Uniliver. Initially, Tresemme was only found in beauty salons but after gaining a good popularity, it came to the consumer market and started selling in pharmacies as well.
Tresemme advertises itself to be professional and affordable. The product range is vast and includes shampoos, conditioners, gel, mousse, serum and other hair styling products. A software called PROfiler on the official website of Tresemme can tell you the right product for your hair type in 2014. However, it was dismissed in 2018.
The brand has won several awards from renowned places like Elle, Cosmopolitan, Allure etc. Currently, the brand has markets all around the world.
What Kind of Shampoos are Good for Black/4c Hair?
If you have natural black/4c hair, it’s not very tough to maintain them. However, you just have to be a little mindful about all the products that you pick and choose for your hair. Black hair/4c hair are delicate and could be damaged if too harsh ingredients are used on hair.
Here are some of the ingredients good for black hair:
- Coconut oil: coconut oil is great to bring moisture and lustre to hair. It’s one such ingredient that will make your black hair even better and shinier. Dry and irritated scalp types can also go for this ingredient.
- Keratin: Keratin is an protein ingredient that not only makes the hair smooth, and silky but works to protect overall hair loss as well as prevents from thinning.
- Glycerin: Glycerin or vegetable glycerin is a kind of humectant that helps in retaining hair moisture and promotes hydration. It’s suitable for all black hair types except if your hair is excessively oily.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a natural ingredient that not only improves hair texture but also acts as a sunscreen against harmful UVA/UVB rays. These rays can affect the natural black hair and discolor them.
- Biotin: Biotin is great for hair. Its deficiency is often indicative of hair loss and thinning. Hence, having biotin in your shampoo can help boost hair growth.
- Argan oil: Argan oil is an essential oil that strengthens hair, retains natural hair color and brings shine. It’s also known for boosting volume and smoothing rough hair.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is one of the best ingredients for black hair that restricts occurance of splitends, frizz, hair breakage.
- Rosemary: Rosemary is another essential oil made from herbs that treat itchy scalp, dandruff as well as delivers important nutrients in the hair follicles.
- Vitamin A: This ingredient also gets unnoticed but is one of the most essential in keeping the hair healthy and black. Too much or too little could be harmful and only the right amount is required to maintain good quality hair.
- Gooseberry: This ingredient comes from a berry family and is a boon for healthy black hai. Not only does this ingredient make your hair black but also strengthen hair from its roots.
Is Tresemme Good for Black Hair?
Well, we’re finally here to disclose whether Tresemme is good or bad for black hair. I too have natural black hair but it’s important to understand what ingredients might suit me, might not work out the best for you.
So, here are some of the pros and cons of the shampoo that will help you understand if it’ll suit your hair type or not.
- Different Tresemme shampoo consists of different ingredients that will benefit your hair. For example: Tresemme Color Revitalize contains rosemary and green tea and both these ingredients are great for black hair. Tresemme Smooth and Silk consists of argan oil that maintains black hair by bringing shine and hydration. Tresemme Moisture Rich contains Vitamin E and Keratin which helps in avoiding breakage. Understand what your current need is and buy that particular shampoo.
- Most Tresemme shampoos are all rounders. Most of their shampoos possess multiple capabilities like smoothening, protecting hair color (in case you’ve dyed your hair black), hydration, radiance etc. This is one of the major reasons why I love Tresemme so much as all my hair issues are addressed at once.
- I like this brand because just the shampoo and conditioner can give you salon-quality treatment. They’re also made with advanced technology that benefits the hair.
- The creamy texture of the shampoo sits very well on the hair and washes away in no time. I love how creamy it is and still lathers up so well. I don’t require anything apart from shampoo and conditioner to make my hair look gorgeous.
- Another great thing about Tresemme is that it’s reasonably priced. You can buy a set of Tresemme shampoo and conditioner at just $18.07 against any other professional hair care brand.
- They tend to retain black hair color and don’t let it fade easily. Some of the Tresemme shampoo like Smooth and Silk also prevents grey hair. If you don’t have black hair naturally but have dyed that I’d suggest going for Tresemme Color Revitalize which will not let your black color fade off easily.
- Most Tresemme shampoos don’t contain toxic chemicals like parabens, dyes, mineral oils etc. that can potentially damage your black hair’s originality.
- Tresemme shampoos and conditioners suit every hair type as there are different versions of the shampoo to address each and every hair type.
- Although there are good ingredients present in Tresemme, it consists of some amount of sulphate. This ingredient can aslo be posed as harmful for your hair as the amount of the ingredient is not disclosed.
- Tresemme contains added perfum which surely does make it smell really good but this ingredient dries out the scalp. It also causes irritation.
Can Tresemme Shampoo be Good for Hair Growth
Since we’ve declared Tresemme shampoo as an all rounder, it’s given that the shampoo also is great for hair growth as well. There are different types of Tresemme shampoo that promote hair growth. They are:
- Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo: This shampoo consists of keratin which not only makes the hair smooth and silky but also results in hair growth. I have used this shampoo in the past and I found out that it reduced my hair fall and opened my hair follicles for new hair growth. If you have frizzy unruly hair then Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo is ideal.
- Tresemmé Thick & Full Shampoo: This Tresemme shampoo strengthens hair and boosts overall hair volume. The Tresemme Thick & Full shampoo is formulated with biotin and wheat protein that controls hair fall. Wheat protein helps in hair regrowth so this shampoo is good if you’re looking to gain back hair loss.
- Tresemme Hairfall Control Shampoo: This shampoo claims upto 7% less hair fall just after one hair fall and trust me, it is so. I used this shampoo for a good 2 months and it worked out really well for me. It’s infused with keratin protein that helps in frizz-free, strengthened and shiny hair. Not only that, Tresemme Hairfall Control Shampoo is great for hair growth and thinning. I also found my hair to be a lot softer than it ever was.
Despite Tresemme products containing some form of chemical ingredients, they’re safe to use. This is because the chemical content is fairly low and doesn’t cause harm. In turn, they help in lathering, and removing dirt to cleanse the hair properly.
Tresemme is good for people with black hair and can be used by people who’re looking for hair growth. The brand gives away salon quality results at home just in a few washes. Tresemme is also made with advanced technology to retain natural hair color and maintain healthy hair.
Let us know how Tresemme worked out for your black hair in the comments below. Cheers!
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.