We curated a list of simple and effective mat exercises you definitely have to try!
Nowadays, most women struggle to find time to go to the gym. Amidst the hustle and bustle of daily life and work pressure, it becomes challenging to hit the gym. However, lack of time to visit the gym should not stop a person from exercising. That is when, exercising mats come in handy.
Just purchase an exercising mat and perform your favorite exercises at the comfort of your home. Moreover, there are plenty of exercises that can be easily performed on an exercising mat and do not require any pricey equipment.
Today’s post will let you know about some of the most amazing exercises you can perform on exercising mat.
- Related: Simple Dumbbell Exercises For Women
- Related: Easy Exercises To Get Rid Of Jiggly Arms
- Related: I Tried These 8 Exercises To Lose Weight For Women
These exercises are popular worldwide for their effectiveness. They tend to target all the important muscles and are considered to be highly beneficial when performed on a regular basis.
Help your body get in a better shape by trying out these mat exercises that are most definitely worth trying. So, give the following mat exercises a try and improve your overall posture, balance and mobility.
Mat Exercises To Try
Superman exercise has managed to gain considerable amount of popularity in the recent years because of its effectiveness. This amazing exercise can be done on a floor mat and requires no gym equipment. Make it a part of your daily or weekly workout to help tone your upper and lower body.
How to do a superman exercise
- Step 1: Lie on your stomach on your mat
- Step 2: Extend your arms straight out in front of you
- Step 3: Raise your arms and legs off the ground and hold for about 3 seconds
- Step 4: Return to original position
- Step 5: Repeat as many as you like
Another incredibly popular and super effective movement that can be easily done on an exercise mat is the bridge exercise. This specific exercise tends to target the hip and leg muscles.
Also, it is known to be beneficial for improving mobility. So, give this floor mat exercise a try at your home to get toned muscles.
How to do bridge exercise?
- Step 1: Lie down on your back
- Step 2: Bend your knees, perpendicular to the ceiling and keeping your feet flat on the ground
- Step 3: Keep your hands by your side with your palms flat on the ground
- Step 4: Lift your back off the floor and push your palms into the ground
Plank is undeniably one of the most beneficial and effective mat exercise that you can do at home.
This exercise is great for relieving strain from your body. Also, doing it on a daily basis can significantly improve your mobility and posture. Dedicate just a minute of your time to this effective movement and help your body get in better shape.
How to do a plank?
- Step 1: Lie flat on your stomach
- Step 2: Make sure your elbows are directly under your shoulders and your palms flat on the ground
- Step 3: Now push your toes, palms and hands into the ground
Lateral Leg Lift
Another excellent mat exercise that you should contemplate trying is lateral leg lift.
The only thing required to perform this superb movement is an exercise mat. This specific exercise is known to target your thigh muscles.
So, incorporate this movement in your daily workout and get toned thighs without even going to the gym.
How to do lateral leg lift?
- Step 1: Lying down on your side propped up on your elbows
- Step 2: Lift your leg up slowly
- Step 3: Bring you leg right back down without touching the other feet under
- Step 4: Repeat
Make sure you’re hips are straight and that you’re not leaning forward or backward.
Donkey kicks have lately become extremely popular in the fitness community. This particular exercise, too, can be easily performed on an exercise mat.
There is no need to invest big bucks on a gym equipment to perform this particular movement. And, this exercise is considered great for your lower back and thighs.
How to do donkey kicks?
- Step 1: come into the crawl position
- Step 2: Lift one of the legs up with your knees bent and freeze it in the air
- Step 3: Bring your knee back down to the original position
- Step 4: Repeat and then move to the other leg
Push ups are one of the best mat exercises that you should do on a regular basis. There are plenty of ways in which this particular no-equipment exercise can benefit your muscles.
Often cited as a full body exercise, this can be easily done on a floor mat without any other gym equipment.
Make this fantastic mat exercise an important part of your workout routine to reap maximum benefits.
How to do push ups?
- Step 1: First, get into the plank position and put your wrists right under your shoulders
- Step 2: Push your body up, pressing your wrists and toes into the ground
- Step 3: Now bring your body down, pushing against your wrist. Make sure that your body is in a straight line
Russian twists are often considered to the be the ultimate exercise for toning abs. This super effective exercise can be performed easily at home on an exercising mat.
There is no other equipment required for performing this amazing movement that can do wonders on your abs area.
So, give this mat exercise a try to get the kind of abs you have always desired.
How to do Russian Twists?
- Step 1: Sit on the floor with your knees bent up and feet flat on the ground
- Step 2: Now, tilt backwards and lift your feet up slowly so that all your weight and balance is on your bum
- Step 3: Twist 45 degrees to one side and then to the other side
- Step 4: Do as many as you comfortably can and gradually increase the reps
- Knee Strengthening Exercises You Can Do
- Amazing Benefits Of Frog Jump Exercise
- How To Get V Cut In Lower Abs?
- Easy Women’s Workout For An Hourglass Figure
Hey there! I’m the CEO and Chief Editor of WomensOK. My aim with WomensOK is to make sure that any women in this world, regardless of their body type or color, is able to find solutions about health and wellness that’s best suited for them.